Two-way integrations with PMS providers ensure that your data is always up-to-date and clean. We include integration with Oracle Opera, Mews and StayNTouch. As you share your feedback, we continue to optimize the experience and take advantage of new features that our partners are releasing on their roadmap. Here are some of the features we have added to the Thynk platform to create a seamless experience where you can do your work in Thynk and trust that data is flowing with your other systems.
MEWS Integration Updates
Mews had a big update that we are excited to enable for you in our integration with them. They released the Availability Blocks feature which enables you to set aside a fixed set of your inventory (rooms/beds/space) for a specific date range and rate. This new feature required a few updates on our end to ensure you have the same seamless experience working with Thynk + Mews. You can read more below about what was added or changed to support group block integration with Mews.
- New fields were added to several existing objects:
- Rate => Block Rate Plan flag (true/false)
- Quote => Block rate
- Quote Hotel Room => Update prices flag (true/false)
- New system workflow occurs when a block is created:
- Rate is created with Block rate plan = true
- Hotel room prices are sent to Mews to update the rate pricing for the appropriate days in the room block
- When a quote hotel room is updated (dates, price, room type):
- If Update prices flag is checked on the quote hotel room, block rates are updated and new prices are sent to Mews
- If the rate plan is updated on the quote hotel room, you will receive a warning and the creation of a new block will be prevented.
- When a block has been created on a quote, the block rate is stored in the new field added.
- If a new hotel room is added to the quote, the block rate is automatically assigned and cannot be updated.
- A new property level configuration has been added to enable a property to decide whether order lines are sent with their actual price or a 0 price when sending orders to Mews.
- A new property level configuration has been added to enable a property to decide whether reservations are sent with their actual price or a 0 price when sending orders to Mews.
- Orders with negative revenue are now created successfully avoiding data discrepancy between Thynk and Mews.
- Reservation creation process has been optimized to account for the Auto Send Reservation configuration.
- Companion reservations are supported when reservation guests increase from 1 to 2, for example.
- We have now enabled the ‘Send failed reservations’ feature for reservations that failed to update Mews. This will allow users to see the error messages received from Mews, make the necessary changes to the reservation data and resend the updated reservation.